Our LMS is affectionately known as L-Cubed – but why L-Cubed? Well, it stands for Leveraging Learning Landscapes or Letting Learners Learn!
L-Cubed provides the structures, frameworks and facilities for you to make best use of just about any resource physical or online in order to learn, or promote learning, formal or informal.
- Use internal and external information or learning assets
- Assemble and evolve courses, easily, quickly and effectively
- Administrators can see user progress
- Immediate availability of new resources
- Protection of your intellectual property
- User progress tracked
- No impact on internal IT
- System branding to match your corporate style
- Can appear as if part of your web domain
- Hosted on our servers and delivered over the Internet
- Your learning/information available anytime and anywhere
L-Cubed can put the user in control of access to learning
- Provides access to resources ranging from internal/confidential to those freely available on the Internet
- Puts users at the centre of learning
- Prompts and motivates users through timely and informative e-mails
- Enables trainers or subject experts to assemble well structured learning or information
- Enables information and learning courses to easily evolve with user demand and organisational importance ensuring resources are used as appropriately as possible
- Is hosted on our servers and delivered over the Internet
The ICUC Learning Management System is extremely flexible and can be used in a myriad of different ways – from the secure presentation of a simple document to a group of people located anywhere in the world – to the organisation and management of learning activities for any individuals or groups of learners.
Author and administrator training can be provided face-to-face and ongoing support/advice is always available via e-mail.
L-Cubed has all of the core features needed to cost effectively provide users with appropriate access to learning. The key features are:
- Courses of learning and/or information can be constructed using any internal or external information or learning assets
- Courses can be created quickly and efficiently; and can be easily adapted/enhanced
- Your content can only be seen by those to whom you have given access
- Courses can be highly structured forcing users to access content in the correct order
- Courses can be totally open so that users can pick and choose
- New activities can be added to courses and can become available immediately
- Courses can evolve as new activities and new resources are added
- Users can use discussion boards to interact with their peers and their mentors
- Questions are stored in banks and can be used in activities, to create pre-course assessments, post-course assessments or even stand-alone assessment tests
- Automatic e-mails are used to prompt and motivate users. Users can progress at their own pace and/or follow a regular programme of learning activity as part of their working day
- User progress is tracked and is available for both user and administrator to see
- The whole system can be made available uniquely to your staff/clients from our servers
- No impact on internal IT other than access to the internet
- Passworded availability for your staff/clients wherever they happen to be (on the road, at home, etc.), or whenever they need to learn or be informed
- The system can be branded to tie in with your organisation’s website and can be accessed by users, as if it were within your web domain, e.g. www.courses.yourcompany.com
The basic building block of the system is the ACTIVITY. An activity consists of three elements: an OBJECTIVE – that which the user is trying to achieve; LEARNING RESOURCES – elements of information or learning that enable the users to be able to achieve the objective; and ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS – used to enable the users to demonstrate that they can achieve the objective.
Every COURSE is built from a series of activities. The activities can either be created for a particular course or they can be stored in MASTER COURSES from where they can be applied to one or more user courses.
Storing activities in a master course and then applying them to many courses means that any changes to the activity can be made in one place and the change then appears in every course that uses that activity.
Every USER has a LOGIN NAME and a PASSWORD. In addition, stored in the user record can also be First Name, Last Name, E-Mail Address, Telephone Number.
Every user can also be assigned to a primary group of users. In addition, a user can also be a member of any number of secondary groups.
The main purpose of a GROUP is to enable an administrator to be able to apply a change to the whole group in one step. For example, a course may be recommended to a group and every member in the group, including those who join the group later, will get that recommendation. Or, a group of users can be given authoring rights to a particular course.
Users can be given different permissions depending on their role. Most users do not have any additional permissions since they are the end-users within the system – once they have logged in, they only have user access to the courses on which they are enrolled.
However, in order to run the system, others can be given specific permissions.
MASTER ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSIONS
- Master Administrator
- User Administrator
- Sales Administrator
- Course Administrator
Every course can be assigned one or more of:
- Course Manager
- Course Author
- Course Mentor